The elimination of danger at the source and therefore the establishment of collective protection measures remains essential to avoid an accident at work or the development of an occupational disease.- Dany Tremblay, President Démex
The purpose of Démexs General Prevention and Risk Analysis Program is to eliminate at the source hazards to the health, safety and physical integrity of our workers and the public.
The Prevention Program serves as an action plan and the main tool to eliminate or mitigate the dangers that arise in the exercise of our work. This program therefore proposes concrete solutions to achieve this. To this end, Centrem has set up this program to inform its workers about the risks associated with their jobs. The enumeration of risks is made for the purpose of identifying, removing or mitigating them. This helps to educate and instructs the workers on the means and/or personal or collective protective equipment to use to protect themselves.
The general prevention program aims to:
- adequately delineate the project sites;
- signal any danger and control access/traffic;
- identify and mark all public services;
- protect structures, trees and equipment to be preserved;
- decontaminate (alumina, aluminum, potlining, carbon, PCBs, etc.);
- decommission and dismantle all utilities to avoid hazards, losses and/or infiltration;
- manage water to prevent contamination of the surrounding aquatic environment;
- manage dust control measures;
- manage noise control measures;
- sort, reclaim, recycle, upgrade and dispose of materials in an environmentally responsible manner;
- completely clean the sites at the end of the works.
The Environmental Management Program
Integrated into the General Prevention and Risk Analysis Program, the Environmental Management Program is designed to:
- reduce the environmental impact of all Démex activities, both at the head office, recycling center and construction sites in all our projects;
- respect at all times Démex’s commitment and responsibility to comply with the laws, regulations and standards in force.
Démex environmental services also include site remediation, minimum impact deconstruction and LEED projects.