Quality, speed and flexibility are our strengths. That's why our customers come back year after year.- Yanick Tremblay, President Centrem
Centrem is located at the Alma Transformation Centre (CETAL), in the former Alcan Isle-Maligne plant, and is dedicated to hazardous material recovery, sorting, and management as well as ferrous and non-ferrous scrap-metal recycling, upcycling, and buying and selling.
The 28,000 m2 sorting centre in Alma is located on our site that spans 59,600 m2 and processes more than 65,000 tonnes of recovered products each year. The way in which Centrem handles the construction, renovation, and demolition debris and metals it collects as part of its mission is carried out in closed spaces to prevent dust and odour emanations from contaminating the environment. Both at its Alma and Chicoutimi facilities, Centrem provides services and operations that specifically include:
- Ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metal recovery, sorting, decontamination, churning, shearing and recycling according to our certificates of authorization and applicable environmental regulations;
- Aluminum smelter by-product recovery, milling, recycling and treatment;
- Non-PCB contaminated transformer emptying, dismantling, recovery, and recycling;
- Emptying, dismantling and, managing of PCB contaminated transformer oils at a level below 50 ppm, as well as decontamination of metals, according to our certificate of authorization and the environmental laws in effect;
- Buying and selling ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metals;
- Construction, demolition and renovation waste management, according to our certificates of authorization and the environmental laws in force;
- Wood shredding;
- Bin and dumpster rentals and transport.