Nothing is more important to Centrem than our employees’ health and safety. We go beyond the CNESST standards when we have to.- Alex Houde, Director Operations
The purpose of Centrem's General Prevention and Risk Analysis Program is to eliminate at source health, safety, and physical integrity hazards for our workers and the community.
The Prevention Program serves as an action plan and the main tool to eliminate or mitigate the dangers that arise when at work. This program therefore proposes concrete ways of achieving this. Centrem has created this program to inform its employees about the risks their job entails. The list of risks exists to help identify, eliminate or mitigate them. This informs and guides the workers on what to do and what to wear for protection.
The general prevention program aims to:
- Delineate the project sites;
- Report any danger and control access/traffic;
- Identify and mark all public services;
- Protect structures, trees and equipment to be preserved;
- Decontaminate (alumina, aluminum, potlining, carbon, PCBs, etc.);
- Decommission and dismantle all utilities to avoid hazards, loss, and/or infiltration;
- Manage water to prevent contamination of the surrounding aquatic environment;
- Manage dust control measures;
- Manage noise control measures;
- Sort, reclaim, recycle, upcycle and dispose of materials in an eco-friendly manner;
- Clean the entire site at the end of each project.
The Environmental Management Program
The Environmental Management Program is integrated into the General Prevention and Risk Analysis Program and is designed to:
- Reduce the environmental impact of all Centrem activities at the head office, recycling centre, and construction sites for all our projects;
- Respect and up hold the commitment and responsibility Centrem has to comply with the laws, regulations and standards in force.