Transformers and Related Equipment
We take care of all end-of-life operations for substations, transformers, and related electrical distribution equipment. Centrem's turnkey approach allows you to focus your energy on your modernization or replacement project.
Centrem accepts equipment at its Alma facility, or will organize a pick up at your site, anywhere in Quebec. Examples of what’s accepted include various types of transformers and other related power distribution equipment.
- Buy the equipment you wish to dispose of;
- Secure the work area;
- Ensure that the required permits are active;
- Drain oils;
- Manage oil disposal according to their level of contamination;
- Dismantle and shear/press transformers and related equipment;
- Segregate/load ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metals and other debris;
- Recycle/upcycle ferrous and non-ferrous metal scrap;
- Dispose of non-recyclable waste according to regulations.
Centrem performs transformer oil draining and recovery according to its certificate of authorization and the environmental standards in force.
Centrem is also certified by the Quebec Ministry of Sustainable Development, Environment, and Fight Against Climate Change (MDDELCC in French) to manage polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) contaminated oils at a level of less than 50 parts per million (ppm).